This Halloween recipe for spooky sausage mummies makes the easiest treats for your Halloween party - they are ready in 30 minutes and they can be eaten hot or cold. Serve with ketchup or sweet chilli sauce for a ‘bloody’ dip.
- Ready in 30 minutes
- Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- 375 g pack Ready Rolled Light Puff Pastry
- 1 tbsp flour, to sprinkle
- 350 g pack chicken Frankfurter sausages
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 4 tsp soft cheese, to decorate
- 1 tsp chopped black olives, to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas mark 6.
- Lightly roll out the pastry to 0.5cm thick over a floured surface, and cut vertically into long thin strips, about 0.5cm wide. You’ll need 1-2 strips per frankfurter, so leave the leftover pastry wrapped up in the fridge for another dish.
- Wrap the pastry strips around each frankfurter to create a mummy-wrap effect. Brush with the beaten egg, then put on a lined baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for 18-20 minutes, until the pastry is puffed and golden, and the sausages cooked through. Use blobs of soft cheese for the eyes, then top with a small piece of black olive.